Course Information and Training Requirements
When you know how to drive a backhoe and operate it safely, you can perform a range of tasks in construction, landscaping, and demolition.
Whether you’re a recent high school graduate and you want to set yourself on the path to a lucrative and stable career, or you’re a veteran who wants to embark on a new journey, the right training will give you the education and hands-on training you need to confidently operate heavy equipment in a variety of settings.
At Heavy Construction Academy, our backhoe certification classes will cover everything you need to know, from backhoe basics and components to how to use a backhoe when you’re doing things like backfilling, digging, and more.
Below is some information to help you get started, but feel free to contact us if you have additional questions or you want to request details on backhoe training cost.
- Who should consider taking this course? Anyone looking for a new and rewarding career should consider attending a heavy equipment operator training program. You’ll receive the education and certification necessary to pursue job opportunities in the field of construction.
- What can you expect after completing this course? You’ll be certified on eight different pieces of heavy equipment, including backhoe certification. Plus, we work with more than 200 national partners, and we have a 91% job placement rate, so we can help you find work after completing our program.
- How long does the course last? Just six weeks.
- Are there any prerequisite requirements? No, there aren’t any prerequisites or licenses to worry about. Just sign up when you’re ready to learn to drive a backhoe.
- How should you prepare for this program? There isn’t any special prep that’s required before taking this course. We’ll provide everything you need to learn with ease and to excel.
- What can you expect to learn from this course? Of course, you will learn to operate a backhoe. In addition to that, you’ll also discover how to use a front end loader, skid steer, off road dump truck, roller compactor, bulldozer, motor grader, and excavator.
Want to see what our students have had to say after completing our course? Check out their testimonials.
Career Options and Certifications
The backhoe is a necessary piece of equipment on most construction sites because it can serve as a loader and as an excavator, and it can also work with various helpful attachments. Therefore, when you know how to operate a backhoe excavator, you can help complete a wide range of projects in urban and rural areas, and this means more and more job opportunities will become available to you.
Reports indicate that job availability for those with the skills to operate a backhoe and other heavy equipment will rise by 12% each year. And, according to the U.S. Board of Labor Statistics, you can expect to earn $18-25 per hour, or $48,000 annually, on average. Job duties will vary based on industry or employer.
The main training requirement is seat time. That’s why our comprehensive program consists of specific modules, but we really focus on seat time and hands-on training. That way, upon completion of the course, you’ll be ready to pursue this exciting career with confidence.
Operating a Backhoe General Questions
Do you need a CDL to drive a backhoe?
Although you technically don’t need a commercial driver’s license (CDL) in order to operate heavy equipment, it’s wise to get one.
In fact, having a CDL will not only make you more valuable, but it can also make you a more desirable job candidate. This means that you can potentially get hired more easily, and you can also boost the odds of commanding a higher pay as well.
What should you expect to learn during this backhoe course?
In addition to learning how to operate a backhoe safely, our training program will also teach you about the various components that make up this type of heavy equipment. And you’ll learn all of the controls that will make it possible to perform various duties on a construction. This will help ensure you have the well-rounded education you need to pursue a variety of jobs.
How often do you need backhoe training?
You only have to complete one 6-week course.
To Be the Best, You Have to Learn from the Best. Call Us Today!
HCA’s backhoe course is taught by industry professionals with years of experience in construction, and they’ve trained and certified thousands of students from all over the country.
Now, they can do the same for you! Plus, if you need assistance with lodging and financial aid, we can help with that as well.
Call 888.772.9002 today to learn more about our heavy equipment operator training program, and get ready to dig into your new career!